If you book with Bulgaria-Hotels.Com hotel accommodation or ski package in Bansko, Borovets or Pamporovo you will get a 10% discount card for many restaurants and bars. Learn more »
Easter in Borovets
Easter 2017 in Borovets - Holiday packages
Easter - hotel accommodation offers
The prices below are total for two adults in a double room for 3 overnights in the period 14 April 2017 - 17 April 2017. Only hotels with available rooms for the period are shown.
Easter holidays in Bulgaria
Easter is one of the most holidays in the Orthodox world. Easter celebration starts with Palm Sunday and the holy week ends with Easter Sunday, the greatest day which commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter celebrations are best time to show our appreciation, affection and faith in the Almighty. Easter is called ‘Velikden’ in Bulgaria and undoubtedly it is one of the most anticipated celebrations in the country. Easter traditions in Bulgaria are associated with the rituals which are related to this important Orthodox celebration.
Most school students have a spring vacation around Easter festive season which means that it’s a good occasion to take the family on a spring vacation. No matter whether you wish to explore a new destination, relax completely or get acquainted with the local traditions, Bulgaria has you covered for Easter holidays. Enjoy the warm spring weather, partake in Easter activities and events and head off for an Easter vacation, your dreamy spring getaway in Bulgaria.
There isn’t better idea than enjoying a long weekend around your Easter vacation in Bulgaria. The country offers various locations for families, adventure-seekers, couples and worshippers. Easter celebration in Bulgaria is full of colours, smiles and sincere prayers. Flowers and green mountains in Bulgaria welcome the traveller who wishes to experience a rejuvenating spring escape around Easter festive season.
Red coloured eggs and traditional Easter bread ‘Kozunak’ are some of the symbols of Easter in Bulgaria.
Easter traditions in Bulgaria
What kind of traditions do we have in Bulgaria and how do we celebrate Easter, the most beautiful spring festival on which we give praise and glory to Jesus Christ, the Saviour?
Christians gather in the temples at midnight on Saturday night, just before the Easter Sunday in order to pray together and give honour to Jesus Christ. Bulgarians, congratulate each other with ‘Hristos Voskrese’ /’Jesus Christ has risen’/ and respond ‘Vo Istina Voskrese’ /’He has risen indeed’/. The traditional bread for Easter /it’s called ‘kozunak’/ is decorated with one or more /odd number/ red coloured eggs. After the church services, the priest blesses the bread, eggs which are symbols of Easter, as well as the worshippers.
Undoubtedly, one of the most prominent symbols of Easter is the red egg and actually all beautifully coloured eggs which Bulgarians put on their table during Easter festive season. The whole family gathers on Easter in order to give a praise to our Saviour. The family member whose egg is not broken is considered to be successful, healthy and happy throughout the rest of the year.
Easter gifts and surprises
Bulgarians kept the tradition to surprise their family and acquaintances with beautifully coloured eggs. No matter whether one will receive an egg which carries all the beautiful colours that you can think of, a bouquet of spring flowers or a candy, every gift is long awaited and warmly accepted during Easter festive season.
Remember that the destination doesn’t really matter, because everywhere Easter is celebrated, Easter festive season is the right time for surprises, beautiful sounds, spring flowers, candies, exciting spring festivals and, most importantly, faith.
Easter holidays in Bulgaria
Easter is a holiday which can provide you with full value wherever you are, however, not many destinations can boast the beauty of Bulgaria and its splendid vacation spots. Easter festive season is actually a great occasion for a spring getaway, because we have a couple of free days which can be pleasantly spent either with a city break, a journey through the nature and imposing Bulgarian mountains or a short escape to the Black Sea coast. Do you dream of a positive mood and attitude to life? It’s easy to start changing your life and experiences provided that you awake your senses and open your heart for the beauty of the surrounding nature! Bulgaria is a slice of paradise and it’s no wonder that many travellers visit this small country which is embraced in greenery and blessed with breathtaking vistas. Enjoy your life, feast your eyes on the colourful landscapes in Bulgaria and relax at the background bird songs which will make your day happier. Bulgaria has much to offer and you will be impressed with the ideal ambience, hospitable people, iconic Easter holiday spots and SPA surprises for your beloved one.
Why do I need an Easter Vacation or a spring getaway
A spring getaway can do wonders for you and help you rejuvenate after the long, cold and gloomy winter days. However, free days around Easter festive season are the right choice to surprise the whole family and set off for a myriad of cultural and historic adventures in Veliko Turnovo, the interesting historic capital city of the country, the small Vienna, Rousse, SPA destinations Velingrad, Devin and Hissar or simply experience the best of the early summer dreams at Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast.
No matter whether you are curious to familiarize yourself with local traditions around Easter or simply delight the lovely spring weather which inspires you to explore the beautiful mountains in the country or walk along the promenades in seaside resorts, Bulgaria awaits you with a diverse choice of destinations for your Easter holiday inspiration!
- Borovets Hills hotel
- Festa Winter Palace
- Belchin Garden SPA hotel
- Club hotel Yanakiev
- Euphoria Club Hotel & Spa
- Flora hotel main building Persey
- Hotel Festa Chamkoria
- Hotel RADINA'S WAY
- Hotel Yastrebets Wellness & Spa
- Ice Angels Hotel
- Iglika Palace hotel
- Lion Borovets Hotel
- Rila Hotel
- Samokov Hotel
- Breza Hotel
- Malina Ski Chalets
- Mura Hotel
- Yagoda Ski Chalets
- Daisy Apartments
- Flora Apartments Main Building
- Hrima restaurant, Borovets
- BJ's apres ski bar and restaurant
- Frankos Bar and Restaurant
- Mamacitas mexican restaurant, Borovets
- Stone Hut Yastrebets, Borovets
- 5 resolutions for skiers and snowboarders
- Weekend of Arts and Crafts in the mountain resort Borovets
- Borovets mountain resort opened the summer season
- Bicycle riding in the mountainous resort Borovets mark the end of the ski season
- Ski season 2013 in Borovets winter resort is still in its full motion
- Head to Borovets and hit the piste – photo report
- Kids alpine ski competition in Borovets
- Easter seaside and mountain holidays in Bulgaria
- Photos from DC Big Spin Borovets 2013 race
- Unique snowboard competition in Borovets
- February 2013 photo report from Borovets ski resort
- Snow Park Borovets opens doors for the ski season 2013
- Borosport Cup takes place in Borovets ski resort
- Borovets offers romantic holidays for St.Valentine’s Day
- Great hotel prices in Bulgarian ski resorts
- Borovets ski and snow calendar 2013
- How to learn skiing program starts in Borovets
- World Snow Day in Borovets ski resort, Bulgaria
- Cheap ski destinations in Bulgaria
- Ski resorts in Bulgaria host prestigious ski and snowboard contests
- Borovets will celebrate World Snow Day
- Bulgarian ski resorts are popular among Greek tourists
- Ski patrols at Borovets snow slopes
- Festival “Skiing and snowboarding in the city” is held in Sofia
- Bulgaria is cheapest destination for an European ski holiday
- Ski packages
- Hotel map
- Deals & discounts
- All Inclusive
- Last minute
- Early booking
- Ski info
- Snow reports
- Ski conditions
- Ski map
- Ski weather
- Places to go
- Restaurants & bars
- Visitor reviews
- Car rental
- Borovets webcam - Rila hotel
- Borovets webcam - Yastrebets ski run
- Borovets webcam - Sitnyakovo ski lift
- Markudjik ski runs & Musala peak webcam, Borovets
- Popangelov ski track webcam, Borovets
- Ski runs Markudjik, Borovets web cam
- Yastrebets ski area webcam, Borovets
- List of discounts - ski season 2010/2011 in Borovets, Apres-ski discount card
- Après-ski Activities Program, Borovets- winter season 2010/2011
- New Year 2018
- Easter 2017