Euronews Makes Movie about Plovdiv
Standart Daily, 04.02.2011
A team from the world TV Channel Euronews has shot a series of films about the city of Plovdiv. The documentary tells about Plovdiv's cultural and historic sites.
The idea of the film is to present the way of life in the big city as a mix of ancient cultural heritage and modern contemporary life. The accent of the documentary is the historic places in Plovdiv and the aim is to promote Bulgaria as attractive tourist destination with unique cultural and historical heritage. The film was shot in the Regional Archaeological Museum, the Regional Museum of Anthropology, Plovdiv Ancient Theatre, the Roman stadium and the ancient forum Odeon.
Related travel news - News from Plovdiv
Weekend in Plovdiv city, Bulgaria - let's explore the Antique theatre!
Winery 2013 takes place in Plovdiv city
Plovdiv is a destination for cultural tourism and business tours.
Plovdiv Airport is prepared to serve more flights and passengers for the present ski season.
Young wine festival will take place in Plodvid until November 27th.
Guests of Plovdiv city will enjoy the holidays of old Plovdiv.
The night of Museums in Plovdiv city is held on September 21st.
Ethnographic museum in Plovdiv city hosts the traditional week of crafts that starts tomorrow.
International movie festival surprises guests of Plovdiv city, Bulgaria.
Plovdiv hosts a festival, dedicated to the wine.
Sofia, Plovdiv, Bourgas, Varna, Rousse apply for European capital of culture.
Discover the world of crafts only in Plovdiv city!
Plovdiv city, Bulgaria opens tourism season 2011 with a special festive program!
How to choose Easter vacation? Which is the best destination for your memorable Easter vacation in 2011? Cheap Easter Offers- is it possible?
The low-cost air carrier Ryanair services new flights from Plovdiv airport to Milan.
- Novotel Plovdiv
- Alliance hotel
- Exotic Park and SPA hotel
- Leipzig Hotel
- Noviz Hotel
- Park Hotel Imperial
- Sankt Peterburg Hotel
- Trimontium Princess hotel
- Avion Hotel
- Belle Ville Hotel
- Bright House
- Business hotel Plovdiv
- Dafi Hotel
- Ego hotel
- Family hotel Gabi
- Famous House hotel
- Hebros Hotel
- Hotel Afrodita 2
- Hotel Philippopolis
- Kendros Hotel
- Metropol hotel
- Mirena Hotel
- Nord Hotel
- Noris Hotel
- Odeon Hotel-Restaurant
- Park Hotel Plovdiv
- Plaza hotel
- Real Hotel
- Rodopi Hotel
- Seven Hills hotel
- Star Hotel (ex. BW Bulgaria Hotel)
- Diana Hotel
Places to go in Plovdiv
- Ancient Roman amphitheatre
- Assumption of the Holy Virgin churh
- Ethnographic Museum - Kuyumdzhioglu house
- St Marina Church
- Hissar Kapia
- Bulgarian Revival Museum - Georgiadi house
- Forum-odeon complex
- Ancient Roman stadium
- Round tower
- The church of St. Petka
- The city garden (garden of Tsar Simeon)
- St. St. Constantine and Helena Church
- St Nedelya Church
- Plovdiv old town
- Balabanov house
- St Demetrius Church
- Sahat hill (Sahat tepe)
- Plovdiv synagogue Zion
- The house of Stepan Hindliyan
- Yellow school
- Plovdiv Zoo
- International Plovdiv fair
- Lamartine museum - Mavridi house
- Danov house
- Culture and Relax park near Maritsa
- Centre for modern art Banya Starinna
- Bunardzhika hill (Bunardzhika tepe)
- Armenian church St. Kevork
- Dzhendem hill (Dzhendem tepe)
- Dzhumaya mosque (djumaya mosque)
- Icon gallery
- Catholic Cathedral St. Ludwig
- Nedkovich house
- Nebet Tepe hill Roman fortress
- Natural Science Museum
- Museum of Aviation
- Maritsa river
- Late antiquity Eirene roman mosaics
- Imare mosque
- Archaelogical Museum