If you book with Bulgaria-Hotels.Com hotel accommodation or ski package in Bansko, Borovets or Pamporovo you will get a 10% discount card for many restaurants and bars. Learn more »
Easter in Pamporovo
Easter 2017 in Pamporovo - Holiday packages
Easter - hotel accommodation offers
The prices below are total for two adults in a double room for 3 overnights in the period 14 April 2017 - 17 April 2017. Only hotels with available rooms for the period are shown.
Easter holidays in Bulgaria
Easter is one of the most holidays in the Orthodox world. Easter celebration starts with Palm Sunday and the holy week ends with Easter Sunday, the greatest day which commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter celebrations are best time to show our appreciation, affection and faith in the Almighty. Easter is called ‘Velikden’ in Bulgaria and undoubtedly it is one of the most anticipated celebrations in the country. Easter traditions in Bulgaria are associated with the rituals which are related to this important Orthodox celebration.
Most school students have a spring vacation around Easter festive season which means that it’s a good occasion to take the family on a spring vacation. No matter whether you wish to explore a new destination, relax completely or get acquainted with the local traditions, Bulgaria has you covered for Easter holidays. Enjoy the warm spring weather, partake in Easter activities and events and head off for an Easter vacation, your dreamy spring getaway in Bulgaria.
There isn’t better idea than enjoying a long weekend around your Easter vacation in Bulgaria. The country offers various locations for families, adventure-seekers, couples and worshippers. Easter celebration in Bulgaria is full of colours, smiles and sincere prayers. Flowers and green mountains in Bulgaria welcome the traveller who wishes to experience a rejuvenating spring escape around Easter festive season.
Red coloured eggs and traditional Easter bread ‘Kozunak’ are some of the symbols of Easter in Bulgaria.
Easter traditions in Bulgaria
What kind of traditions do we have in Bulgaria and how do we celebrate Easter, the most beautiful spring festival on which we give praise and glory to Jesus Christ, the Saviour?
Christians gather in the temples at midnight on Saturday night, just before the Easter Sunday in order to pray together and give honour to Jesus Christ. Bulgarians, congratulate each other with ‘Hristos Voskrese’ /’Jesus Christ has risen’/ and respond ‘Vo Istina Voskrese’ /’He has risen indeed’/. The traditional bread for Easter /it’s called ‘kozunak’/ is decorated with one or more /odd number/ red coloured eggs. After the church services, the priest blesses the bread, eggs which are symbols of Easter, as well as the worshippers.
Undoubtedly, one of the most prominent symbols of Easter is the red egg and actually all beautifully coloured eggs which Bulgarians put on their table during Easter festive season. The whole family gathers on Easter in order to give a praise to our Saviour. The family member whose egg is not broken is considered to be successful, healthy and happy throughout the rest of the year.
Easter gifts and surprises
Bulgarians kept the tradition to surprise their family and acquaintances with beautifully coloured eggs. No matter whether one will receive an egg which carries all the beautiful colours that you can think of, a bouquet of spring flowers or a candy, every gift is long awaited and warmly accepted during Easter festive season.
Remember that the destination doesn’t really matter, because everywhere Easter is celebrated, Easter festive season is the right time for surprises, beautiful sounds, spring flowers, candies, exciting spring festivals and, most importantly, faith.
Easter holidays in Bulgaria
Easter is a holiday which can provide you with full value wherever you are, however, not many destinations can boast the beauty of Bulgaria and its splendid vacation spots. Easter festive season is actually a great occasion for a spring getaway, because we have a couple of free days which can be pleasantly spent either with a city break, a journey through the nature and imposing Bulgarian mountains or a short escape to the Black Sea coast. Do you dream of a positive mood and attitude to life? It’s easy to start changing your life and experiences provided that you awake your senses and open your heart for the beauty of the surrounding nature! Bulgaria is a slice of paradise and it’s no wonder that many travellers visit this small country which is embraced in greenery and blessed with breathtaking vistas. Enjoy your life, feast your eyes on the colourful landscapes in Bulgaria and relax at the background bird songs which will make your day happier. Bulgaria has much to offer and you will be impressed with the ideal ambience, hospitable people, iconic Easter holiday spots and SPA surprises for your beloved one.
Why do I need an Easter Vacation or a spring getaway
A spring getaway can do wonders for you and help you rejuvenate after the long, cold and gloomy winter days. However, free days around Easter festive season are the right choice to surprise the whole family and set off for a myriad of cultural and historic adventures in Veliko Turnovo, the interesting historic capital city of the country, the small Vienna, Rousse, SPA destinations Velingrad, Devin and Hissar or simply experience the best of the early summer dreams at Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast.
No matter whether you are curious to familiarize yourself with local traditions around Easter or simply delight the lovely spring weather which inspires you to explore the beautiful mountains in the country or walk along the promenades in seaside resorts, Bulgaria awaits you with a diverse choice of destinations for your Easter holiday inspiration!
- Orlovets Hotel
- Belmont Hotel
- Finlandia Hotel
- Kamelia Hotel
- Murgavets Grand hotel
- Neviastata SPA and Ski hotel
- Orpheus Spa Hotel
- Apartments Snezhanka - Pamporovo
- Boutique hotel Iva & Elena
- Dafovska Hotel
- Green Life Family Apartments Pamporovo (Evridika Hills Pamporovo)
- Iceberg Aparthotel
- Malina Chalets
- Markony Hotel
- Merryan hotel
- Monastery aparthotel III
- Mountain Lakes hotel complex
- Mountain Lodge Aparthotel
- Pamporovo Castle
- Perelik Hotel
- Prespa Hotel
- Royal House Hotel
- Smilen hotel
- Snezhanka Hotel
- The Stream Resort
- Apart Hotel Nevada
- Mursalitsa Hotel
- Residence Malina
Restaurants & bars in Pamporovo
- The White Hart Pub, Pamporovo
- The Golden Eagle restaurant
- Alex's Pub, Pamporovo
- Murgavets panorama bar
- Folk Restaurant "Chevermeto"
- Daks bar, Pamporovo resort
- Chanove Restaurant 2
- Chanove Restaurant 1
- Bulgarian village Barbeque
- Bohemi Bar&Restaurant
- 5 resolutions for skiers and snowboarders
- All Inclusive Flexy holiday packages in Pamporovo
- Great hotel prices in Bulgarian ski resorts
- Pamporovo ski resort with 2 Crystal Ski Awards
- Cheap ski destinations in Bulgaria
- Ski resorts in Bulgaria host prestigious ski and snowboard contests
- Excellent ski conditions in Pamporovo winter resort
- Bulgarian ski resorts are popular among Greek tourists
- Ski lift passes in Pamporovo are payable with a card
- Pamporovo ski lifts are into operation
- Festival “Skiing and snowboarding in the city” is held in Sofia
- Bulgaria is cheapest destination for an European ski holiday
- First snow in Pamporovo ski resort and Smolyan
- Ski police takes care of the security in Pamporovo resort
- Cheap winter holidays in Bulgaria
- Skiing passion – your love for a lifetime
- Winter resort Pamporovo gets ready for ski season 2012/2013
- Ski holidays in Bulgaria – early bird savings 2012/2013
- Pamporovo kept last year’s prices
- ”Independent” published a travel article for Gela
- Rural tourism for tourists in Bulgaria is on the rise
- Various new routes in bike route in Pamporovo
- Concessioners of ski zones in Bulgaria provide kindergartens for children
- Ski and snowboard competition is held in Pamporovo winter resort
- Tips for buying ski equipment
- Ski packages
- Hotel map
- Deals & discounts
- All Inclusive
- Last minute
- Early booking
- Ski info
- Snow reports
- Ski conditions
- Ski map
- Ski weather
- Places to go
- Restaurants & bars
- Visitor reviews
- Car rental
- Night life
- Pamporovo web cam - Stenata slope
- Pamporovo webcam - Mount Snezhanka
- Pamporovo web cam - Yazovira area
- Pamporovo web cam - Stoykite area
- Pamporovo web cam - Malina area
- Pamporovo web cam - Snezhanka area
- Pamporovo webcam - Daks Bar
- List of discounts - ski season 2011/2012 in Pamporovo, Apres-ski discount card
- New Year 2018
- Christmas 2017
- New Year 2018
- Easter 2017