News from Sofia, Bulgaria
Bulgarian History museum will participate in the project "Museums present Europe".
Pernik hosts the popular International Festival of the Masquerade Games.
New ice landmark in Sofia - welcome to the Ice Bar until February 6th and prepare yourself for freezing adventures!
Burgas, Varna, Sofia are included in a prestigious 100 Global Cities Destination Ranking by Euromonitor International.
The ski season in Vitosha was officially opened.
Sofia hotels made it to top 10 of best capital cities in Europe.
Sofia city hosts 3-day festival “Skiing and snowboarding in the city”.
Festival of extreme sports will take place in Sofia city on November 27th 2012.
Bon Jovi will perform in Sofia, Bulgaria in 2013.
Ski facilities at Vitosha Mountain will be into operation, but a new ski centre will not be built.
Many monasteries near Sofia city will shape a new cultural and historic route.
Sofia hosts International kids folklore festival.
Wizz Air now have regular lines from Sofia to Budapest.
There is a ski contest at Vitosha mountain today.
16th International Sofia Movie festival will be held between 9th and 18th March 2012 in Sofia city.
Sofia is the cheapest city to visit in Europe in 2012.
Ethnographic museum in Sofia city, Bulgaria welcomes residents and visitors with Christmas exhibitions and traditions.
Central Mineral Bath in Sofia may become a SPA centre and a major museum of the city.
Business travels in Sofia are cheapest in Europe.
Three air carriers, Swiss International Air Lines, Cimber Sterling и Pegasus, excluded Sofia from the list of serviced destinations.
An increased passenger flow at Sofia airport.
New tourist and information office opened at Sofia airport.
Gipsy Kings will perform in Sofia on 6th of November 2011.
Festival of French movie is held in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Sofia offers cheapest hotel prices in Europe.
Beyonce might be the next super star who gigs in Bulgaria!
Unknown Sofia will shine with a new project- discover the hidden landmarks of Sofia city!
Sofia is the cheapest tourism destination for US travellers.
Sofia, Plovdiv, Bourgas, Varna, Rousse apply for European capital of culture.
New museums will expect visitors in Sofia city, Bulgaria.
- Anel Hotel
- Arena di Serdika Boutique Hotel
- Grand Hotel Sofia
- Hilton Sofia Hotel
- Holiday Inn hotel
- Intercontinental Sofia (ex Radisson Blu Grand Hotel)
- Kempinski Hotel Marinela Sofia (ex Kempinski-Zografski Hotel)
- Sofia Hotel Balkan a Luxury Collection Hotel (ex Sheraton Hotel)
- Berlin Park Vitosha
- Best Western Hotel Europe
- Best Western Hotel Expo
- Best Western Plus City Hotel
- Best Western Premier Sofia Airport
- Central Park Hotel
- Crystal Palace Hotel
- Downtown Hotel
- Festa Sofia Hotel
- Geneva Hotel
- Gloria Palace Hotel
- Hill Hotel
- Hotel Central Forum
- Hotel City Avenue
- Les Fleurs Hotel
- Maria Luisa Hotel
- Maxi Park Hotel & Spa
- Metropolitan hotel
- Premier Thracia Hotel
- Ramada Sofia Hotel
- Sense hotel
- Silver House Hotel
- Sveta Sofia Hotel
- Triada Hotel
- Tsarsko Selo
- VEGA Hotel Sofia
- Vitosha Hotel
- Akord Hotel
- Aris Hotel
- Arte Hotel
- Atlantic Hotel
- Best Western Losenets Hotel
- Best Western Plus Bristol
- Brod Hotel
- Budapest hotel
- Bulgari Boutique Hotel
- Central Hotel
- Diplomat Holiday Village
- Diter Hotel
- Earth and People hotel
- Hemus Hotel
- Legends hotel
- Meg-Lozenets Hotel
- Montecito Hotel
- Park Hotel Moskva
- Renaissance Hotel
- Scotty’s Boutique Hotel
- Simona hotel
- Slavyanska Beseda Hotel
- Sofia Place Hotel
- Sofia Plaza Hotel
- Medic Hotel
Upcoming events in Sofia
- Sofia Dance Week 2010
- Art festival in Sofia city
- Scorpions in Sofia city 2010
- International Feline Show in Sofia
- Paco De Lucia performs in Bulgaria
- Drumset Competition 2010- Sofia Drum Day
- TOP 100 DJs party Monarchy performs in Bulgaria
- Chris Norman performs in Bulgaria 2010
- Harlem Gospel Choir performs in Bulgara
- Yann Tiersen's concert for Students Holiday
- Disco Legends Boney M concert in Bulgaria
- Legendary Firewind performs in Sofia
- Barclay James Harvest performs in Bulgaria
- Vaya Con Dios in Bulgaria
- 15th Sofia International Film Festival
- Absent Minded
- Concert of the queen of fado Marisa in Sofia, Bulgaria
- Guano Apes in Bulgaria
- Toto Cutugno in Bulgaria
- Manu Chao in Sofia city
- Children of Bodom in Bulgaria
- Alphaville in Sofia
- Rosalia de Souza in Bulgaria
- Vassil Vassilev and Chambao
- 100 Gypsy Violins in Bulgaria
- Raul Midon in Bulgaria
- Omega- the most successful Hungarian Rock Band gigs in Bulgaria
- Joe Cocker
- Roxette in Sofia, Bulgaria 2011
- Isthar in Sofia city
- Sting in Bulgaria
- CINDERELLA & MR.BIG in Bulgaria
- Dragana Mircovich and Vesna Zmijanac gig in Bulgaria
- Michel Legrand in Bulgaria
- Linkin Park in Bulgaria
- Mellow Music Festival
- Omara Portuondo and Buena Vista Social Club in Bulgaria
- ARASH feat. Rebecca concert in Bulgaria
- Mor Karbasi’s concert in Bulgaria
- Alice Russel in Sofia city
- Gipsy Kings gig in Bulgaria
- Jean Michel Jarre in Bulgaria
- Eric Sardinas concert
- Pooh gigs in Bulgaria
- Manhattan Transfer's concert in Bulgaria
- Hindi Zahra’s concert in Bulgaria
- Amon Amarth concert in Bulgaria
- Sade gigs in Bulgaria in November
- Genesis gigs in Bulgaria
- Julio Iglesias concert
- Sofia Rocks festival 2012
- Jennifer Lopez- concert in Bulgaria
- Depeche Mode performs in Bulgaria in May 2013
Places to go in Sofia
- St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral
- Boyana Church
- National Museum of History
- Alexander Nevsky Crypt Icon museum
- Vitosha Nature Park
- “Ivan Vazov” National Theatre
- The St. Petka Samardjiska Church /St. Petka of the Saddlers/
- Borisova Gradina Park (Central Park)
- Bulgarian National Gallery for Foreign Art
- St. George Rotunda-the oldest Eastern European Orthodox church
- Bulgarian National Gallery of Arts
- National Archaeological Museum
- Fountains in Sofia
- Public gardens and green areas
- St. Sofia church- ancient Eastern Orthodox church in Sofia
- St. Nikolay Russian church
- Sofia botanical garden
- Church of the Holy Seven
- Sofia Zoo
- Bulgarian Natural History Museum
- Sofia City Art Gallery
- Pancharevo lake
- Ethnographic Museum
- St. Nedelya church
- Museum of Earth and Man
- Sofia University Botanic Garden
- Cathedral of St Joseph
- Independence Square
- Boyana waterfall
- Alexander Nevski Square
- King Alexander Battenberg Square
- National Assembly's building in Sofia
- Tsar Osvoboditel Boulevard
- Vitosha Boulevard
- St. Paraskeva Church
- Eagle's Bridge
- Atanas Burov Square
- St. 40 Martyrs Church
- Oborishte street
- Rila monastery
- Slaveikov square
- National Palace of Culture
- National Library St. St. Cyril and Metodius
- Banya Bashi Mosque
- Jewish synagogue in Sofia
- Lion's bridge
- Law Courts