Week of crafts in Plovdiv city
Anita Valentinova, 26.06.2011
‘’A week of crafts’’, a traditional meeting point of craftsmen from Bulgaria, will take place on 27th of June 2011 in the yard of Ethnographic museum in Plovdiv city. This is the 5th edition of the event and this year it will continue until 3rd of July 2011. Masters from Bulgaria will show their skills. 22 crafts will be presented by over 40 craftsmen. If you are curious to learn more about wood carving, icon painting, you should definitely visit Plovdiv crafts week.
Guests of the museum will be representatives of the craftsmen association in Morocco who will present traditional Moroccan jewels, fabrics, African wood and pottery. Tourists and guests of the museum will have the opportunity to feel the secret of every craft. Please, note that the museum will be open from 9am till 6pm every day.
Related travel news - News from Plovdiv
Weekend in Plovdiv city, Bulgaria - let's explore the Antique theatre!
Winery 2013 takes place in Plovdiv city
Plovdiv is a destination for cultural tourism and business tours.
Plovdiv Airport is prepared to serve more flights and passengers for the present ski season.
Young wine festival will take place in Plodvid until November 27th.
Guests of Plovdiv city will enjoy the holidays of old Plovdiv.
The night of Museums in Plovdiv city is held on September 21st.
Ethnographic museum in Plovdiv city hosts the traditional week of crafts that starts tomorrow.
International movie festival surprises guests of Plovdiv city, Bulgaria.
Plovdiv hosts a festival, dedicated to the wine.
Sofia, Plovdiv, Bourgas, Varna, Rousse apply for European capital of culture.
Plovdiv city, Bulgaria opens tourism season 2011 with a special festive program!
How to choose Easter vacation? Which is the best destination for your memorable Easter vacation in 2011? Cheap Easter Offers- is it possible?
The low-cost air carrier Ryanair services new flights from Plovdiv airport to Milan.
Ishtar from Alabina gigs three times in Bulgaria-in Plovdiv, Sofia and Varna!
- Alliance hotel
- Grand Hotel Plovdiv
- Landmark Creek Hotel
- Leipzig Hotel
- Park Hotel Imperial
- Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium
- Sankt Peterburg Hotel
- Avion Hotel
- Bright House
- Business hotel Plovdiv
- Dafi Hotel
- Ego hotel
- Famous House hotel
- Hebros Hotel
- Hotel BLVD 7
- Hotel Gabi - Family
- Kendros Hotel
- Nord Hotel
- Park Hotel Plovdiv
- Plaza hotel
- Real Hotel
- Rodopi Hotel
- Star Hotel (ex. BW Bulgaria Hotel)
Upcoming events in Plovdiv
- International Fair Plovdiv 2011- new events
- TARJA TURUNEN gigs in Plovdiv city
- International technical fair
- AL BANO in Bulgaria
Places to go in Plovdiv
- Ancient Roman amphitheatre
- Assumption of the Holy Virgin churh
- Ethnographic Museum - Kuyumdzhioglu house
- St Marina Church
- Hissar Kapia
- Bulgarian Revival Museum - Georgiadi house
- Forum-odeon complex
- Ancient Roman stadium
- Round tower
- The church of St. Petka
- The city garden (garden of Tsar Simeon)
- St. St. Constantine and Helena Church
- St Nedelya Church
- Plovdiv old town
- Balabanov house
- St Demetrius Church
- Sahat hill (Sahat tepe)
- Plovdiv synagogue Zion
- The house of Stepan Hindliyan
- Yellow school
- Plovdiv Zoo
- International Plovdiv fair
- Lamartine museum - Mavridi house
- Danov house
- Culture and Relax park near Maritsa
- Centre for modern art Banya Starinna
- Bunardzhika hill (Bunardzhika tepe)
- Armenian church St. Kevork
- Dzhendem hill (Dzhendem tepe)
- Dzhumaya mosque (djumaya mosque)
- Icon gallery
- Catholic Cathedral St. Ludwig
- Nedkovich house
- Nebet Tepe hill Roman fortress
- Natural Science Museum
- Museum of Aviation
- Maritsa river
- Late antiquity Eirene roman mosaics
- Imare mosque
- Archaelogical Museum