Easter in Sandanski
Easter 2018 in Sandanski - Holiday packages
Easter - hotel accommodation offers
The prices below are total for two adults in a double room for 3 overnights in the period 30 March 2018 - 2 April 2018. Only hotels with available rooms for the period are shown.
Easter holidays in Bulgaria
Easter is one of the most holidays in the Orthodox world. Easter celebration starts with Palm Sunday and the holy week ends with Easter Sunday, the greatest day which commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter celebrations are best time to show our appreciation, affection and faith in the Almighty. Easter is called ‘Velikden’ in Bulgaria and undoubtedly it is one of the most anticipated celebrations in the country. Easter traditions in Bulgaria are associated with the rituals which are related to this important Orthodox celebration.
Most school students have a spring vacation around Easter festive season which means that it’s a good occasion to take the family on a spring vacation. No matter whether you wish to explore a new destination, relax completely or get acquainted with the local traditions, Bulgaria has you covered for Easter holidays. Enjoy the warm spring weather, partake in Easter activities and events and head off for an Easter vacation, your dreamy spring getaway in Bulgaria.
There isn’t better idea than enjoying a long weekend around your Easter vacation in Bulgaria. The country offers various locations for families, adventure-seekers, couples and worshippers. Easter celebration in Bulgaria is full of colours, smiles and sincere prayers. Flowers and green mountains in Bulgaria welcome the traveller who wishes to experience a rejuvenating spring escape around Easter festive season.
Red coloured eggs and traditional Easter bread ‘Kozunak’ are some of the symbols of Easter in Bulgaria.
Easter traditions in Bulgaria
What kind of traditions do we have in Bulgaria and how do we celebrate Easter, the most beautiful spring festival on which we give praise and glory to Jesus Christ, the Saviour?
Christians gather in the temples at midnight on Saturday night, just before the Easter Sunday in order to pray together and give honour to Jesus Christ. Bulgarians, congratulate each other with ‘Hristos Voskrese’ /’Jesus Christ has risen’/ and respond ‘Vo Istina Voskrese’ /’He has risen indeed’/. The traditional bread for Easter /it’s called ‘kozunak’/ is decorated with one or more /odd number/ red coloured eggs. After the church services, the priest blesses the bread, eggs which are symbols of Easter, as well as the worshippers.
Undoubtedly, one of the most prominent symbols of Easter is the red egg and actually all beautifully coloured eggs which Bulgarians put on their table during Easter festive season. The whole family gathers on Easter in order to give a praise to our Saviour. The family member whose egg is not broken is considered to be successful, healthy and happy throughout the rest of the year.
Easter gifts and surprises
Bulgarians kept the tradition to surprise their family and acquaintances with beautifully coloured eggs. No matter whether one will receive an egg which carries all the beautiful colours that you can think of, a bouquet of spring flowers or a candy, every gift is long awaited and warmly accepted during Easter festive season.
Remember that the destination doesn’t really matter, because everywhere Easter is celebrated, Easter festive season is the right time for surprises, beautiful sounds, spring flowers, candies, exciting spring festivals and, most importantly, faith.
Easter holidays in Bulgaria
Easter is a holiday which can provide you with full value wherever you are, however, not many destinations can boast the beauty of Bulgaria and its splendid vacation spots. Easter festive season is actually a great occasion for a spring getaway, because we have a couple of free days which can be pleasantly spent either with a city break, a journey through the nature and imposing Bulgarian mountains or a short escape to the Black Sea coast. Do you dream of a positive mood and attitude to life? It’s easy to start changing your life and experiences provided that you awake your senses and open your heart for the beauty of the surrounding nature! Bulgaria is a slice of paradise and it’s no wonder that many travellers visit this small country which is embraced in greenery and blessed with breathtaking vistas. Enjoy your life, feast your eyes on the colourful landscapes in Bulgaria and relax at the background bird songs which will make your day happier. Bulgaria has much to offer and you will be impressed with the ideal ambience, hospitable people, iconic Easter holiday spots and SPA surprises for your beloved one.
Why do I need an Easter Vacation or a spring getaway
A spring getaway can do wonders for you and help you rejuvenate after the long, cold and gloomy winter days. However, free days around Easter festive season are the right choice to surprise the whole family and set off for a myriad of cultural and historic adventures in Veliko Turnovo, the interesting historic capital city of the country, the small Vienna, Rousse, SPA destinations Velingrad, Devin and Hissar or simply experience the best of the early summer dreams at Bulgaria’s Black Sea coast.
No matter whether you are curious to familiarize yourself with local traditions around Easter or simply delight the lovely spring weather which inspires you to explore the beautiful mountains in the country or walk along the promenades in seaside resorts, Bulgaria awaits you with a diverse choice of destinations for your Easter holiday inspiration!
- Medite SPA Resort
- Pirin Park Hotel
- Interhotel Sandanski
- Botanika Family Apart Hotel (Ex Medite)
- Colosseo Hotel
- Hotel "Time Out"
- Hotel Panorama
- Ofir Sandanski Boutique hotel
- Sveti Nikola Hotel
- Sveti Vrach Spa hotel
- Edia hotel
- Easter seaside and mountain holidays in Bulgaria
- SPA holidays: relax and health
- Greek and Romanian tourists visit Bulgaria for Easter
- Health tourism in Bulgaria- one of the most modern forms of travel
- New tourism product for wedding tours in Sandanski
- Sandanski develops cultural tourism
- Interesting SPA packages in Sandanski
- Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey present a joint spa product in USA
- A growth of the number of foreign tourists
- Lack of information impedes the development of SPA tourism
- Bulgarian Spa & Wellness resorts become more popular
- Greek, Romanian and Macedonian tourists flock to Bulgaria for Easter
- Cheap Easter Holidays in Bulgaria: the choice is yours
- Cultural tourism catalogue for Sandanski landmarks
- Bulgaria’s SPA resort Sandanski creates its own tourist map
- Exotic holidays and festive season in Bulgaria
- Christmas and New Year Holidays 2011 cheap last minute packages
- SPA Park Hotel Pirin in Sandanski has a birthday
- Israeli residents to heal in Bulgarian spa resorts
- SPA destination Sandanski presented at 43rd International Tourism Fair
- Bulgaria has a great potential to develop balneology, SPA and wellness tourism
- Bulgaria is a part of the European SPA map
- Russian Investors are interested in Bulgarian SPA and balneology resorts
- Health tourism in Bulgaria has shown a recent growth
- Hot springs make Bulgaria a mecca for the spa crowd