Holidays of the Old Plovdiv city
The holidays of the old Plovdiv will be held from September 24th until September 30th 2012. The slogan this year is “The old town celebrates’’. The movie program of the Roman amphitheater will be presented within the festive fays. Also guests will like the crafts exhibition, as well as an exhibition of Venetian masks. A diverse cultural program and a retro program with a carnival procession are also planned.
The tourism world day will be marked on September 27th and a special program is prepared for this occasion. The guests and residents of Plovdiv will see many exhibition, theatre performances, concerts etc. The holidays of Plovdiv mark Bulgarian presence in the program ‘’European days of the heritage’’ in which 50 European countries participate.
Related travel news - News from Plovdiv
Weekend in Plovdiv city, Bulgaria - let's explore the Antique theatre!
Winery 2013 takes place in Plovdiv city
Plovdiv is a destination for cultural tourism and business tours.
Plovdiv Airport is prepared to serve more flights and passengers for the present ski season.
Young wine festival will take place in Plodvid until November 27th.
The night of Museums in Plovdiv city is held on September 21st.
Ethnographic museum in Plovdiv city hosts the traditional week of crafts that starts tomorrow.
International movie festival surprises guests of Plovdiv city, Bulgaria.
Plovdiv hosts a festival, dedicated to the wine.
Sofia, Plovdiv, Bourgas, Varna, Rousse apply for European capital of culture.
Discover the world of crafts only in Plovdiv city!
Plovdiv city, Bulgaria opens tourism season 2011 with a special festive program!
How to choose Easter vacation? Which is the best destination for your memorable Easter vacation in 2011? Cheap Easter Offers- is it possible?
The low-cost air carrier Ryanair services new flights from Plovdiv airport to Milan.
Ishtar from Alabina gigs three times in Bulgaria-in Plovdiv, Sofia and Varna!
- Hebros Hotel
- Residence City Garden
- The Emporium Plovdiv - MGALLERY Hotel
- Alliance hotel
- Best Western Premier
- Grand Hotel Plovdiv
- Landmark Creek Hotel
- Leipzig Hotel
- Park and SPA hotel Markovo
- Park Hotel Imperial
- Park Hotel Sankt Peterburg
- Ramada Plovdiv Trimontium
- Avion Hotel
- Belle Ville Hotel
- BLVD 7
- Bright House
- Business hotel Plovdiv
- Dafi Hotel
- Ego hotel
- Famous House hotel
- Kendros Hotel
- Nord Hotel
- Noris Hotel
- Noviz Hotel
- Odeon Hotel-Restaurant
- Park Hotel Plovdiv
- Plaza hotel
- Real Hotel
- Rodopi Hotel
- Seven Hills hotel
- Star Hotel (ex. BW Bulgaria Hotel)
- Trakiets hotel and sports complex
- Urban Hotel and Events
Upcoming events in Plovdiv
- International Fair Plovdiv 2011- new events
- TARJA TURUNEN gigs in Plovdiv city
- International technical fair
- AL BANO in Bulgaria
Places to go in Plovdiv
- Ancient Roman amphitheatre
- Assumption of the Holy Virgin churh
- Ethnographic Museum - Kuyumdzhioglu house
- St Marina Church
- Hissar Kapia
- Bulgarian Revival Museum - Georgiadi house
- Forum-odeon complex
- Ancient Roman stadium
- Round tower
- The church of St. Petka
- The city garden (garden of Tsar Simeon)
- St. St. Constantine and Helena Church
- St Nedelya Church
- Plovdiv old town
- Balabanov house
- St Demetrius Church
- Sahat hill (Sahat tepe)
- Plovdiv synagogue Zion
- The house of Stepan Hindliyan
- Yellow school
- Plovdiv Zoo
- International Plovdiv fair
- Lamartine museum - Mavridi house
- Danov house
- Culture and Relax park near Maritsa
- Centre for modern art Banya Starinna
- Bunardzhika hill (Bunardzhika tepe)
- Armenian church St. Kevork
- Dzhendem hill (Dzhendem tepe)
- Dzhumaya mosque (djumaya mosque)
- Icon gallery
- Catholic Cathedral St. Ludwig
- Nedkovich house
- Nebet Tepe hill Roman fortress
- Natural Science Museum
- Museum of Aviation
- Maritsa river
- Late antiquity Eirene roman mosaics
- Imare mosque
- Archaelogical Museum